35 min | 15 min prep
SERVES 12 , 12 scones
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor or bowl.
- Add butter and process until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add oats, currants and buttermilk and stir mixture until dough just sticks together.
- (DO NOT over mix) Transfer to a floured work surface and knead about 5 times.
- Roll out dough to 1 inch thickness.
- (in circle) cut into pie shaped pieces or cut with cookie cutter.
- Arrange on a slightly greased baking sheet.
- Gently brush scones with egg and bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve with Apple Butter.
“Like” Picture Britain on Facebook for exclusive links, photos, and information! http://www.facebook.com/PictureBritain